26 January, 2008

Vanity!

Before I get too far - I am female. I deal with female crap on occasion. This is one of those occasions.

So far so good this weekend. Friday was a bust for riding. Started on Thursday and Friday was cramp fest.

Vanity #1 - went to the eye doctor for new contacts. He's going to work with me to find an optimal situation. We could fix this quickly if I want to wear contacts for distance and bifocals for reading and PC work. I hate glasses. I don't like the way I look in them. They bother me. Cranky much?

Vanity #2 - had a great ride when I got back from the eye doctor. finally put down workout #12 after both trying and skipping it on two different occasions each. After the ride I did some core bldrs and yoga for stretching. During downward facing dog, I'm stretching and open my eyes and see my knees. OMG, I have wrinkly knees! I hate wrinkly knees. Pooh!

Vanity #3 - I didn't wrinkle nearly as much when I had more body fat. Now that the fat is gone, the skin is too big for my face. ARGHHHH But I truly believe most of these wrinkles all start from years of laughing and smiling with my family and friends. What better way to carry them with me?

There were 5 cyclists at The Pantry at lunchtime today. One was getting a banana in front of me. I asked how far they were riding today, he said he was riding 100 at least. I'd love to get comfy with 25-30!

Warmer tomorrow. I want to run! it's been 11 days since I last ran. This is not good. I need a good kick in the arse. Riding outdoors tomorrow and Monday. I want to try a couple of hills and see how my legs feel. If they get hungry, we'll find a nice long one. Wish me luck!

No comments: