13 January, 2008

Good weekend here

It's been a good weekend, all in all. Friday I find out that hubby has sold one of the houses! He is a home builder - and he's had two new homes on the market for several months now. I get in a nice hour workout on the bike. It's funny how some days it just clicks and other days it's pure drudgery.

Saturday I decided to run the 1st of week #3. It was in the low 40s and I couldn't find the dust masks anywhere! I finally decided to use a cloth headband instead. It was okay. I'm going to have to find some different sunglasses for running and riding. Maybe goggle types. If I have to cover my nose in cold air I need to overcome the fog factor for the glasses. The workout was a good one. I took 2 hits off of my albuterol about 15 minutes before I started. I wore the headband through my 5 minute warm up and another 6 - 8 minutes of the workout itself. I stopped using the headband and I was fine. I think giving my lungs 10 minutes to warm-up and acclimate definitely helps. Now to try this in colder temps. Looks like Mother Nature will oblige me with the opportunities this week!

My brother invited Hubby and me to watch the Lady Cardinals play basketball on Sat. What a game! They played UCONN who is undefeated, yes still. I don't know if there is a team that can beat them unless it's UT.

I rode indoors on the trainer today. It wasn't a great workout, mediocre is more like it. I just couldn't maintain the 100 RPM on the last 2 series of reps, I had more like 88-90. Think this one will be a do-over.

I'm excited about Tuesday. My riding buddy (what I'll call her for now) and I have decided to have set Tuesdays at lunch for run/walk sessions.

Oh yeah, I signed me and my BFF up for the 5K on March 1st. Now - to get there and do it!

No comments: