09 January, 2008

Gotta love those little goals...

Especially when you can mark them off and move on to the next! Today I completed workout #3 of week #2 for the Couch to 5K. Nice sunny day with a high around 50F. My nose kept running, so I breathed through my mouth too much. I'm starting to get a little nervous about week #3, it gets a little more difficult. But I'll stick with it as long as I can find days warm enough to get in the workout.

Went to yoga last night for the first session. I loved it! There were only 6 of us plus the instructor. It's a beginner's class. My muscles were so warm and loose by the end of the session which lasted about an hour 20 minutes. I surprised myself by being more flexible than I expected.

One of the girls at yoga is the one that rode with me on my first group ride and is the reason I bought a new bike. She told us last night that her new goal is to compete in the 2009 Louisville Iron Man Triathlon. That is so very cool! She's been through some stuff over the last few months and now she's on my inspriation list. I'm so very excited for her!

Wish I felt up to riding tonight, 'cause my Cards play basketball tomorrow night. Guess I'll just try to ride before work or as soon as I get home. Even though I ran today, I really want to feel that burn in my quads again soon!

A friend of mine that runs marathons finally made a doctor's appt. Their back has been bothering them for a few weeks now and I've been concerned. So happy they are going to get it checked out. I know how difficult it is right in the middle of training. They have been working to a race in April. I'm hoping it's no big deal!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.