22 January, 2008

6 Months of Tobacco freeness on Jan 23, 2008

It is a fantastic thing to be able to declare. It will be, tomorrow. I'm excited and know other things now fill the void. I haven't counted the time as much lately as I did early on. Hell fire, 48 hours was HUGE!! My quit buddy, BFF, is supposed to join me for a celebration dinner after work tomorrow. If it weren't for her purchasing the Chantix and declaring her quit I'm not sure I would be where I am today.

She helped me focus all that frustration and excess energy into brisk walks. They could be around the block or several blocks to make over a mile. Breathe in some fresh air, clear the cobwebs between the ears and get the blood pulsing through your body. She and I have been there for each other, grab coffee, talk through all those things that happen in life with spouses, children, and colleagues. Sure has made it healthier than grabbing a 10 minute smoke break a few times a day.

There have been many people to stand by me, support me, and encourage me along the way. I need to make sure and thank them all in some special way. It's been great that my Sis and Hubby quit a few weeks later. I've made some new friends with cycling and hoping to grow that list even more.

Anyone wanting to quit smoking should talk to their doctor about Chantix. There are side effects, some much more serious than others. I had tried everything and never could quit. Chantix helped me to create an opportunity to break into a healthy lifestyle.

I will spend less time talking about not smoking and more time about life, adventure, fitness and anything else that comes to mind. Hope it's not a huge bore. I'm not sure I'll have any more milestones to count, at least not about tobacco freeness. This one has given me the confidence to go for more goals.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Many, many congrats to you, Sherri! That's a wonderful milestone, and I think it's awesome that you've used this as an excuse to really do some positive things in the way of exercise, too. You are an inspiration.