29 January, 2008

Do you believe in guardian angels? Karma?

Well there was definitely something at play in my life today. Hmm, wonder what it was that I did right? :-)

I get pulled over this morning, but not issued a ticket. I wasn't speeding, I'm not exactly sure I broke a law, unless he wanted to say it I passed on a double yellow line, which I swear I thought it had changed to a dotted line. Cop just walked up to my window and tore me a new butt hole. I thought he went back to his car to write me up, then about 2 minutes later he pulls out. Poor guy, I either helped him get it out of his system or I just ruined his whole day.

Then, leaving work I take Broadway to Bardstown to Grinstead. I'm turning left on Grinstead and the car I'm facing is turning to it's left. So I pull out to turn and here comes a car from behind the turning car - SHAZAAM! Could've been head-on. My tires start hydroplaning, the other car turns his wheels in the nick of time and we completely miss each other and continue on, no harm no foul.

Hmm, it would be nice to imagine that everything in life had these sweet twists.

Now, I wish I could say my big project had this kind of luck. So, no this didn't carry in all aspects of my life.

It was a nice day in the high 50s. I carried my running clothes/shoes so I could run at lunch. But no, I joined a few friends and ate instead. Afternoon filled up nicely and I really should've run after, but I decided to pick up my tire pump for the bike (hence the detour routte and near miss above). It was still 55F when I got home about 7:15, but the wind was already about 30 MPH and gusting much higher. So I talked myself into riding the trainer for 30 minutes and then ate cold KFC after 8:00 pm. I need to run any/every chance I get. I need a big kick in the arse for not doing it today.

Tomorrow, the boss is in town. Full steam ahead!


No comments: