30 January, 2008

Revelation? nah

yeah well.ya know. There are things that you KNOW just aren't good for you. Cigarettes, for example! But you keep indulging anyway. One day, if you're lucky or smart, or just sick and tired, you say, "I'm done". Most of the time, you don't, you take all of this energy to find a reason to keep on with the same ole same ole. That's not fun, that's not adventurous, that's just tired and lazy.

There are some things that I know are taboo, the proverbial forbidden fruit, doesn't mean I can't think about it,visualize it, fantasize about it.

I really wanted a cigarette this afternoon before leaving work. It's been a while. It scares me when it strikes and it's so strong of an urge. I didn't succomb, though it would've been so easy.

I had dinner with colleagues, who I count as my friends, this evening. Each of us has our talents. And this is good. It is so important to have such diversity. Now, this diversity doesn't have anything to do with skin color or race. It has more to do with roots, family history, and the different backgrounds we each have to call our own. As well as the different talents we each bring with us. I have found more left-handed people over the last few years, too! We are special.

It's 9:30 and I guess I could feel guilty for not doing any kind of training today. But you know, my brain got plenty and it will again tomorrow! The local bike club has a Trainer Tour tomorrow night at 7. I think I'm gonna go. I need to grow my world, expand my reach, spread my wings a little further.

I think the planets are aligned in an odd way right now. I have an overwhelming sense of melancholy. It's been a long time since this cloaked my perceptions.

No comments: