07 January, 2008

I am blessed


I can't believe how lucky I am! My job affords me the flexibility to work remotely. They provide me with a laptop and a long distance calling card. My role is global in nature and I work with people around the world, so I am on calls at 9 pm with Asia or 6 am with India. (I try very hard not to work between midnight and 5am - I don't function well during those times.)

There is some construction happening on my floor in the office. It was loud and very dusty and dirty last week, so I worked from home on Friday. I chatted briefly with a colleague Friday and was told there were fumes like paint thinner throughout the floor. So happy I worked from home!

I had a late call with Asia last night that ended just past 10pm. I decided to work from home today, due to possible construction stuff, late night, and the fact that the temps pushed 70F today! I rode my bike during lunchtime - I was slow - only 8.2 miles in about 33 minutes. Guess I could blame the headwinds gusting to 25 mph, but won't. The tops of my thighs at the knees burned on those slight inclines. They keep telling me hills are great, geez I hope I find out one day soon! I'm too much a big chicken and outta shape still. I took this picture while riding today. Green grass in January, you just never know what to expect here.

This afternoon I wound up scheduling an hour call with Australia that lasted til 6, so I took off about 4:30 and put in workout #2 of week #2 for my Couch to 5K. Now, the low tomorrow morning is supposed to be 57F. I'm contemplating getting up and out for a run.

I love the feeling at the end of a ride or run. What a good feeling - to really sweat - and those muscles that start to ache, then tighten up and then warm up and feel really good. The low tomorrow morning is supposed to be 57F. I'm toying with getting up and going downtown early to wrap up

This sounds so stupid, 'cause I know what I'm doing is so minute [mi noot] in the grand scheme of working out and JFT. I just want to run 5K by March 1! If I can make that goal, then I'll set another one.

I think this could turn into an illness. Does that happen often?

Ya know what? It's a good kind of illness to have. I know my heart and lungs have taken decades of abuse. I know I could be pushing the limits of what they will take. I'm breathing, sweating, living, and loving it.

So happy I tried the Chantix and kicked the tobacco habit!

No comments: