21 August, 2007

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger...

My youngest daughter has had problems for several years now. She's only 22. About 5 years ago we discoverd she was self-mutilating. We placed her under observation for 24 hours (hardest thing for me to do) and then she was under a doctor's care and meds for a while. The psychiatrist was a quack, I think he just liked mixing up cocktails instead of trying to understand the problems. We finally found a counsellor she liked and thought that was going well. She went off to college for her first semester. That was a bust.

She's living the life of a gypsy. Goes from friend to friend. Has had so many loser boyfriends I'm losing count. We've discovered over the last few days that she's with a 39 year old man.

My oldest daughter thinks she is on drugs. She wants us to do something.

I wish I knew what. You give advice, you preach, you lead by example. You feel like it's falling on deaf ears. I have no power over this.

No comments: