03 August, 2007

8 days and counting (orig date 1 August)

Well, it's been 8 full days + since my last cigarette. Should be 9 +, but I screwed up last Monday night. I went all day long without and was sitting on the porch with my sister having a beer and smoked one. I was so annoyed with myself. Didn't enjoy it in the least and messed up a 24 hour period. Oh well, live and learn.
Now, I wake up each morning and say to myself, not gonna smoke today. It's not easy, but not nearly as hard as it was other times I tried. I want to do this for me, no one else. Seems to make a big difference. Of course, the Chantix is a miracle in my opinion.
Thankful I have a great friend that's going through this at the same time. We work at the same company and instead of going out for a smoke, we now call each other and walk the block or several blocks. Another colleague is quitting cold turkey (no Chantix) and is doing great, he's walking, too.
Worked myself up to 25 minutes and getting between 6 and 6.7 miles in that time. Building intensity is what I'm going for here. Need to work this heart muscle and lungs.

1 comment:

maggie said...

Wow, awesome to hear! Walking has been helping me tremendously, too (along with the Chantix, of course). Keep going!