21 August, 2007

So I posted the earlier post and need to expand a bit

My oldest is getting married on 1 Sept. She and fiance' were here last night and we had lots of emotions. Crying, yelling, saying things we shouldn't have. Stressed because it's so close to the wedding. Stressed because of youngest daughter. We went round and round for a while. I had a couple of beers throughout. I still haven't smoked! At one point I really wanted a cigarette. I could've broken down and grabbed one of Hubbie's. Nah, last night at 10 was 28 days. 4 whole weeks! Not starting over now. If I can survive last night, I'm more confident than ever.

Don't get me wrong. I still had urges today. My gf's schedule conflicted with mine, so I walked the block by myself.

After hitting a record of 21 days in a row in the 90's, we only made 87 today. Hallelujah! Now I'm starting to wonder what I'm gonna do when I need to walk and it's 20F outside. Maybe I'll take the stairs, we have 26 floors. Could be good work out for the glutes. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it that even during stressful family stuff (probably some of the most stressful there can be considering emotions involved), you realized that you've come so far that it's not worth going back and having to go through the hard parts all over again. Even if you wanted to at one point. For me, that's what this is all about - not smoking, no matter what, even when it sounds so good to me.

You are awesome! Keep going!