05 August, 2007

So only 4 hours and it will be 13 days tobacco free

Most people would wait until the 2 week mark, but 13 has significance for me. Both my daughters were born on this date (both Mondays, too) though one was July and the other May. Thirteen is a good number for me. So I'm just a few hours early.

Little goals, little goals I keep reminding myself. The bigger ones will follow soon. I'm so afraid of becoming complacent. What I'd like to see is building a momentum so once late autumn and winter arrive I'm in a groove. It is so easy to gain weight during those short day/long night months. I do eat more than summer, but I also definitely sleep more.

Most people get out and enjoy cold weather sports in winter, but the cold air has always caused me to have a fairly intense asthma attack. I wonder if no more ciggys and increasing my time on the bike will help heal my lungs to where I don't have the same problems with cold air. I'm not needing my fast acting inhaler nearly as much as I was and we've had some unhealthy air quality days over the past 2 weeks.

Anyway, I was going to go for a ten-miler this weekend. Didn't make it. Will have to try again, maybe tomorrow, it that doesn't happen another day this week. Got in 6.7 miles in 25 minutes and burned 230 calories. Wish it was more, but I've made lots of progress over the last two weeks.

Life is more than a little insane this month, besides my being tobacco free. My oldest daughter is getting married on 1 September. Most things are under control and she's done most of it. My youngest is Maid of Honor and trying her best considering her circumstances. But I'll leave my girls to another day except to say they both have big hearts and I love them with all my heart.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! For me my 10th day struck me as something pretty special (but for no apparent reason). Great to hear that your lungs are on the mend, and hopefully will be in great shape come winter.

Anonymous said...

Sherri, thanks for swinging by my blog. I'd love to add you to my list of Chantix blogs over there if you'd be interested. Just let me know. Congrats again!

Konstantin said...

Congratulations!!!! 13 is a great number if it means 13 days without cigarettes! Any number is great, in fact!

Best of luck to you in this tough fight!

Tabatha said...

Congrats....looks like our quit day was the same day. I just found you off maggies blog I would like to add you to mine if you dont mind so I can keep in touch.
I too have intense asthma attacks in the cold air. I tried working in a factory a few years ago that packed bacon and it was cold in there I coughed the entire 3 hours I was there. Lunch time hit and I was gone like the wind I couldn't handle it. I too feel my lungs mending a little and also dont have to use that fast acting inhaler as much. I am anxious to see how I handle the cold winter. It is so hot here now. The humidity and heat index are horrible actually we are under a heat advisory. I dont go out much cause I cannot breath!
Keep up the great work and hope to hear from you over on my blog!