26 August, 2007

So, now I'm looking for and finding inspiration

Louisville held it's first Iron Man Triathlon competition today. Amazing! I drove downtown and watched the T1. That's the transition from swim to bike. It was interesting to watch the diversity of the competitors. They range in age from 18 - 75+, women and men, very buff to don't look like they could run 5 miles. I was surprised by some of the large bellies.

I'd love to do something that intense. Not that I could get to an Ironman, but maybe a 5 or 10K run. I have to get through a one mile run first!

Get my lungs and heart in good enough shape to join a group and ride my bike on the open road 25 to 50 miles at a time.

There are so many stories of people overcoming obstacles. There's a single mother that's beat cancer twice racing today. There are woman entered in the 70 - 74 age group and men in the 75 - 79 age group.

No one should ever be at a loss for finding inspiration. It's everywhere!

No comments: