03 August, 2007

So, still not completely tobacco free (orig date 18 July)

But, I am closer than I've been in a very long time. Only 7 cigs today and only 2 left in my pack. Tomorrow's goal is to go as long as possible before that first one. I'd be happy if I could make it to work, happier if it was 10 am. All I know is that I've been unrealistic in the past. I've set unattainable goals, basically set myself up to fail. My plan is to set small goals to achieve the ultimate.
Funny, I've been talking to a colleague that is very athletic about workouts. I'm riding a stationary bike, trying to increase time, intensity, and stamina. I've been riding daily for 20 minutes, but adding a minute or two each day. I'm at 50 RPM, which is slow! (the colleague pointed this out) Well, since I've been sedentary too long it's better than a zip. Next small goal is to be able to work at least 60 rpm if not more by September. Won't qualify me for any races, but that's not point. (for now). I think I'd really like to join a bike club/group.
If I keep my focus and determination, who knows. Maybe I'll lose that 20 lbs by the end of the year.
By the way, I'm not doing this alone. A good friend of mine is also quitting. She's running instead of cycling. We've been very supportive of each other, which is so important. All of my family and friends are behind me.
You can achieve anything with focus, determination, and by being realistic.

No comments: