09 August, 2007

This has been a full week and it's only Thursday

My boss came into town about one o'clock on Monday. We met all afternoon and didn't break until 6:30. Full day of meetinngs on Tuesday and then drinks and dinner after.

Tuesday was a good day. I felt the meeting was fruitful and educational, just always creates more work. Drinks and dinner was great! I had a call with Australia that didn't end until 6:30, so I arrived late. When I walked into the bar I was intent on finding my party when 3 men crossed my path. Baryshnikov, I thought and then decided it wasn't. Wish I'd taken a closer look! When I reached the dinner table, my sister asked "Did you see Baryshnikov?". My heart sank, it was him. Oh well, just my luck. He performed last night and my sis got to see him. One of those "once in a lifetime" opportunities and I guess this one has passed me by.

One of my colleagues asked how my not smoking was going. This made me well up with pride and I responded with, "by the time I get home tonight it'll be 15 days tobacco free". With my rushing to dinner I had quite an urge for a smoke while parking the car. Talking to myself I was contemplating bumming a cig from my sis, then decided nah. Why blow it now? Just to start counting all over? Not too difficult of a conversation, even if it was with myself. ;-)

A good friend and colleague mentioned that she only took her Chantix prescription for the first month, then gave the other two to a relative that couldn't afford it as their medical plan didn't cover it. I'm wondering if I could step back on this over the next week or so myself. Not sure I have the nerve for that yet. I don't want to fail, but don't want to use Chantix too much as a crutch either. I'm not thinking it's as much physical anymore as it is emotional. There's also this wedding on the First that I need to get through. Maybe I'll ween off of this in September, after the wedding.

Anyway, I didnt' get home til after 10 on Tuesday and spent Wednesday with the boss until 2:00. He left for Philly and I got my hair permed. The stylist talked the entire time she rolled. Then I picked up my youngest for shopping and brought her to my house to pick up the bike so she'll have transportation to work(her car died). She's a talker and went nonstop the entire time. Once my hubby left with her and the bike, I talked to my Mom and the the oldest called. I was exhausted! All I've done all week is hold conversations. I need some silence, serenity, peace.

Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday. I'm hoping I can focus on the tasks at hand, maybe get some meditation in, and make it one more day tobacco free.

Oh yeah, it's been 100+ Farenheit most of the week. I haven't been able to walk at work (can't be sweaty meeting with people). I missed 2 nights in a row on the bike. Gotta ride now, 'cause I'm feeling fat and guilty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Baryshnikov?

Stringing some days together helps build up the idea of not wanting to have to start back at the beginning, so each day I've made it smoke-free is just one more tool in my toolbox to stay quit.

I'm on the 3 month Chantix plan just in case because I know how I am ;)

You are doing great! Keep going!