02 November, 2008

I've been chatting with a bud lately

about politics, religion, life. We've had some lively exchanges. One discussion lately revolved around volunteering. I was a Girl Scout leader for 15 years. I've taken some time off. Now I need to find a new way to serve. I'm not sure what yet. Guess I should investigate a few options. First need to see how much time and the frequency I'm willing to devote. Food for thought!

It's unbelievable that we can wear shorts comfortably the first of November. I am so greatful! Rode 35 on Saturday and another 22 today. Rubbed some sunshine on my face (old Richard Pryor routine).

Got some advice from a TL guy, told me how he watched me and noticed how strong I am, but need to work on my skills. ;-) Then asked how long I've been riding, blahblahblah. When I told him, he said I should read a few books on training and how valuable time off is, too even if it's just spinning on the trainer. I'm thinking it's this white and red kit. But Susan H road with me the last mile or so down River Rd, 'cause I just couldn't hang on to those guys in the paceline doing 24+ any longer. But then, before I knew it she'd pulled me right back to them! She told me she's noticed that I've really gotten strong and was really hammering it today. Was a boost to me ego. Wish I was stronger and faster though! I know, I know, just a wish am still being realistic about how much how fast. Sort of

No comments: