20 November, 2007

What a fantastic morning!

The temperature was 60F at 5am this morning. I got out of bed about 4:50, fixed a pot of coffee, checked email, packed my bag and headed downtown. I exited the office building at 6:10 and enjoyed a balmy run to the waterfront and back. I ran 2 blocks and walked one all the way to the park and part of the way back. I finished the last 6 blocks with a run 1, walk 1. I felt very good with this run, not terribly out of breath like times past. I wish my BFF could've joined me. I'm sure we'll get together soon enough.

Hope to get some miles on the stationary tonight. Though I'd love to get out on the road, it will be too dark to chance it when I get home.

It's still overcast right now, but the high today is forecasted for 75F. We all know not to get too comfy with these temps. It will be snowing on Thursday afternoon I am sure. Guess I should invest in some running clothes for cooler temps and some gloves, too. There is a Turkey trot early Thursday morning here. A short run (2 miler) a long run (5 miler) and a 2 mile fitness walk. I'd love to do that if I had the right clothes (and it doesn't rain).

I'm so glad to be home and starting to get back to a regimen. I feel so much more energized and alive.

Here's to a terrific Tuesday!

I got home about 4:30. It was 73F and gorgeous. I started the grill and got on my stationary. Put in 6.8 miles in 25 minutes and burned 246 calories. It was difficult for me. Too long since last ride for that length and/or intensity. I felt great when I was finished, though. Legs weren't too hard or sore. I kept pushing every few minutes.

Tomorrow is a half day for work. May just work from home, so nice to have that flexibility. Morning is supposed to start at 58F, so I'd love to get out and run the neighborhood early. If it's not raining I'll ride outside, if it is I'll ride indoors. Need to make up for missing too much while in Europe. I also need to make sure I don't add fat layers this weekend with all of the food that will be in my face.

Friday - I want to shop for a new road bike.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Photo looks like the road I live on...From BillC last smoke july 11th

Sherri said...

Bill, they could be. Of course I have no idea what road you live on. Congrats on your quit! Looks like you are doing great.

Anonymous said...

I am Ok except for the blues are still on me, the road is Kings Church Rd.

Sherri said...

Some are King's Church and a couple are Dawson Hill - I think (didn't look at them again)

I understand the blues. Hang in there! You'll get past them in time.