04 November, 2007

It's Sunday and I leave tomorrow

What a weekend. Friday night was quiet. Thought we'd have date night, but he'd had a long day of spreading grout and his knees were shot.

Saturday saw very little housekeeping, a 5.2 mile slow bike ride and I began looking at winter clothes. This is going to be a trick packing for 5 days in 75F highs and 4 days where the high will be 40F. I started pulling out some older sweater dresses I haven't worn in a couple of years because I couldn't squeeze into them. Oh my goodness! I tried on a couple and they look great! Now I have to decide if I'll want to walk the distance from my hotel to the office on those cold mornings wearing a dress or if I should just pack slacks and leave it at that. We went shopping for shoes. I hate to shop. I was miserable and we wound up going to 3 places before I found anything. Afterwards we went to dinner. This was fun for a while and then turned sour. The rest of the night was a bust.

Today started with long conversations and clearing the air. I think it's good now. At 5:00 pm Terry will be a full week tobacco free. I am so proud of him. This smoking cessation puts everyone on edge with the nerves and emotions. We are working through day by day. It's been a day full of more laundry and finding clothes and toiletries for packing. I did get another 5.2 miles behind me. These were harder than yesterday with wind gusts hitting me head on at 20 - 25 mph. My thighs were hard as rocks when I got home. I was disgusted both days with my performance on the bike. Just need to get over it though. Tomorrow is an off day, due to all the travel. I'm hoping I can get a little time on the hotel equipment Tuesday once we check in. Gotta stay awake somehow! Hope to be able to run outdoors in the mornings in Lisbon, but if not can use the equipment. Problem is it doesn't open til 7am! What's with that?

I hate this time change! It's been dark too long and it's only 6:30. Glad I don't live on the east coast, where it's dark at least 45 minutes earlier than here.

No comments: