03 October, 2007

Time to refocus

I feel scattered. I think some of this is hormonal maybe. I can't blame it on smoking cessation or the side affects of Chantix, it's been too long without either one.

I had a terrible night on Monday. It was fitful and finally about 2:30 I got up and went to the couch in the basement so my tossing and turning wouldn't wake hubby. I didn't sleep more than 15 minutes after that. I just can't survive on 4 hours sleep. I know people that thrive on that much sleep. My goal was to get downtown to do my run/walk by 6am, get in 25 minutes, shower, and get on my 7 am call. If you don't sleep well, don't try to do anything physical. I just didn't have it and then hated myself for bothering.

Odd, the rest of the day was fairly productive and worked until 6pm. Nice 10.5 hour in the office.

I've been trying to get my girls together for dinner on a Tuesday night (supposedly best one for all) for 3 weeks. It's not gonna happen. I wound up going shopping by myself. I hate to shop, but need some clothes. My quit buddy told me about a sale, so I went. I was so happy when I tried on 3 skirts that were all too big. I went back for size 8, but only one style had an 8. That's okay! Not sure 8 is where I'll stop. Tried on my new duds for hubby, he noted that the skirt is loose. That is so cool! I know it's bad to brag, but I couldn't contain myself and called my sis and my bff quit buddy.

So, I got a nice night's sleep last night. Didn't want to get up. Worked remotely today. Have so much to do and I'm so far behind. (note topic above: lack of focus).

I did get on the bike twice. 4 miles in about 13-14 minutes and then 3.2 miles in 12. Now to put 7 or 8 together in one ride. Hoping I get a good night's sleep tonight so I can get a run/walk in the morning. Makes for such a good day and clearer mind.

Back to work.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A little scatter once in awhile isn't all bad. You are smoke free, staying healthy and buying smaller clothes. All good!

Tracee Sioux, Sioux Ink: Soul Purpose Publishing said...

It's not that bad to brag. It's no crime to be happy. In fact I thought that was the goal.

I recently quit smoking too. Love it. But find myself needing new coping strategies. I have a blog about how we can replace smoking with healthier choices. I don't think it's over when you quit taking Chantix or quit smoking. There are a lot of voids to fill and it's difficult to fill them. I'm at www.quitcoping.com and I'd love to do a link exchange. I'll add you to mine now.

I'm into the exercise too.
So much better for the mind.

Sherri said...

Tracee, thanks for stopping by and posting! You are so right that there are many voids to fill. My biggest regret is boring everyone that sees me on a daily basis. Don't mean to be.

Add away.

I'm starting to think the addictive behaviour isn't quite so bad. Especially if I can take that time spent on smoking and refocus it where I can make my lungs stronger. This is my goal.

I'm a realist and know it's just as likely I'll have cancer or I'll live for a long time.