14 October, 2007

Excited, apprehensive, and happy!

Okay, so the swelling is gone. Hallelujah! Still the slightest bit of tenderness, but I'll live. So I rode my bike 2 laps in the subdivision yesterday, which is about a mile and a half. Decided I should go easy after this past week. All day yesterday I had this 'cold' between my shoulder blades. I know it's just gunk in my lungs trying to come out. I stayed up too late for this ole lady. UofL football didn't go off til 11pm. Didn't want to get up this morning, slept til 7.

Had a nice easy morning. Went out on the bike after lunch. Rode down Whitfield Lane to the point I know the mileage. On the way back, turned into a friend's neighborhood and wound around a bit. Then decided to head back towards Whitfield. Stayed on King's Church Road and rode into Spencer County a ways, turned around and came back to the house. I was slow, never happy about that, but considering it's been about 10 days since I'd ridden, shouldn't complain. Rode 6.1 miles in 26 minutes. Temp was 76F and sunny day. I wouldn't complain if it was a bit cooler, but so nice compared to the 90s we've had thru August and September. I went back out at 5, did 1.5 miles in 7.5 minutes (slow!) then did 35 jjacks, 25 core builders, and 20 pushups (from knees butt flat). Probably shouldn't done the jjacks, but ankle seems to be fine.

Tomorrow, I go to the Pulmonary Doctor. It's been 6 months since I saw him. I'll be 3 months tobacco free. I'm anxious, but hoping it's all good. A friend of mine does voluntary testing with a university around breathing, asthma and oxygen levels with high levels of exercise. I think I'll ask the doc about this and see if UofL has any interest in another volunteer with asthma, reformed smoker that is trying to get fit.

I'm anxious about the scales, to see what my total weight loss is. I need to be realistic and not get too disappointed that it's not lower. Muscle does weigh more than fat. I do not intend to obsess about weight. My clothes are getting too big, that in itself it a huge encouragement.

I'll update you tomorrow, once back from the doc.



No comments: