23 October, 2007

Lunchtime ride in the rain


I had to be in the office for meetings Monday morning and rain was forecasted to come in mid afternoon. So I left for home just before noon and arrived about 12:30. Quickly changed clothes and headed out on the bike. It was sprinkling but I thought that would be okay. HA! It was pouring about 3/4 of the way through the ride. When I arrived back home after 5.2 miles in 19 minutes I was a drenched cyclist. Shoes felt like I'd been wading in them. Had a chill, so I wrapped up in a nice warm towel, grabbed a sandwich and snuggled on the couch for 30 before starting work again. It was a good feeling.


Here's a pic from a week ago of the fall colour. I'll try to post more if the rain hasn't beaten all the leaves down. We should be right at peak any day now.



3 comments:

Konstantin said...

Mmmm, that sounds soooo good! :)

and the leaves are majestic!

Sherri said...

Well Stan, it was in a way. 'Course I'm a wuss and it was a chilly 62F and that rain was cold. Only thing better would've been sitting in front of the fireplace. :-)

Anonymous said...

So gorgeous. Here, too. I love autumn.