29 February, 2008

End of the Trainer Tour til next winter :-(

Makes me a little bit sad. Got started late, so didn't attend as many as I would've liked. But I met some people and they've encouraged me to join on regular rides.

I went Tuesday and Thursday this week. Tuesday wasn't what I would call easy by any means, it was hard work which was good. When I look at the workout last night in comparison though, Tuesday was not bad at all. :-) Last night we did ladders - where you start on a medium rear sprocket (17) for 4 minutes, then go to a smaller one (15) for 3 minutes, then a smaller one (13) for 2 minutes and then the smallest (12) for a minute each with an easy one minute spin separating. We also did 4 reps of 30 On and 30 Off in addition to one leg at a time work on the Big front ring and 12 in back. One leg work is tough for me and I have a difficult time getting a cadence more than about 40 RPM (and that is tough!). We did all of the above twice in addition to the warm up and cool down portion of the workout. when I add the warm up and cool down I put in about an hour and 15 or 20 minutes total.

Well, tomorrow is the 5K. My BFF is ready, I'm not! Only thing I'm seriously worried about is the fact that the temps at start time are forecasted for 32F. I will be warm enough, just worried about breathing.

I am looking forward to Sunday with temps soaring to 60F! Finally a chance to get on the road with my bike again.

No comments: