04 February, 2008

Is it from years of smoking or Murphy's law?

Or both? I went out to do a run yesterday. I did my 5 minute power walk to warm up and started the run. During the walk I noticed that the muscle to the outside of my left shin bone was tight and it kept tightening the entire time I was walking. Once I started running, my right achilles started hurting. In no time I was limping. I won't limp and run. so I stopped and walked home. I kept the walk as brisk as possible, but it was uphill most of the way and still painful.

I hadn't been inside anytime and began sneezing my head off. My nose dripped. This went on for 30 minutes or longer when I noticed that my chest was rattling with fluid. Damn! I had just mentioned that this was the first time I haven't had bronchitis in years. We watched the SuperBowl and my chest just kept getting worse. I found some OTC medicine for allergies at half time. I fell asleep not long after the game was over. Made my upstairs and slept until 4 at which time my brain turned on. I then tossed and turned off and on for hours. Slept til after 10 and my chest is still raspy. So, did I pick up a bug this past week meeting and socializing with so many people? Or is this due to the years of smoking and my ride on hills that caused it? Or is it just 'cause Murphy heard me say the bronchitis thing?

I've missed a day's worth of work. It was beautiful today and I would've loved to ride again or at least run, but you can't do that and miss work. Damn! Maybe i'll put some time on the trainer. :-(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ugh, hope you are feeling better soon, whatever it is!