23 February, 2008

Time to start planning again

This virus has had it's turn, it slowed me down. So did the cold weather (I know we don't really have cold weather). I am not ready for the 5K next Saturday, but I'm gonna do it. I told my BFF that I was so sorry that I'm going to disappoint her at this race. She just comes back with, "don't worry about me, I was just doing it because you wanted to". Thank god she urged me to stop smoking with her. Best thing I've done in a long while.

I was looking at my training log. I haven't run enough in a long while. Most weeks I've had 4.5 - 5 hours on the bike with one or two coming up around 3. This week I've already got 4:15 and still have tomorrow, which should be at least an hour. I put in 1:45 today. 45 early and an hour after dinner. Just easy spins this week. Barely raised my HR each time. Just nice spinning on 42/19 about 95 RPM. Trying to stay in form, but this saddle is wearing on me. I noticed it more today after the second ride. So I've been out surfing for ergonomic saddles. I found one I'd love to test drive, just not sure I can locate one close enough. I need to check out the return policy, 'cause I'd like to try it and know I can return it if it's not right. It's pricey, running over $200. But I think I can splurge since my bonus should be in my account at the end of the month. :-)

I want to get back outside. Trainer and basement are starting to wear thin. Guess I should've looked into some videos, but there's always next winter for that. I missed the Trainer Tour on Tuesday night this week due to a business dinner. Weather cancelled the one on Thursday, which was good as I wasn't well enough to attend. This is the last week for it, so I hope I can get out there and get in a really good workout or two.

Think I need to start looking at nutrition if I'm going to start trying to run several times a week on top of riding. I'd love to get to around 10 hours a week of training during spring and summer.

Speaking of planning, I need to get a vacation scheduled. My Sis is getting married in June, so I'm thinking maybe taking time late June or early July. Time to get the calendars out and see if there are any races/rides I can start penciling in.

No comments: