16 December, 2007

Well well well

It's amazing what a few good hours of sleep will do for ya. I swear, the last few weeks (probably longer) I've been more sleep deprived than when the girls were babies (now this could be an exaggeration as that was decades ago).

It has a horrible affect on my ability to function properly. I felt like I was going to lose my mind a few times. My sis and friends were wonderfully supportive, I am one lucky girl!

I took the Melatonin Friday night at 7 fell asleep by 8 and didn't stir until 2 am. since I didn't want to be awake yet and my mind start going like crazy I took another Melatonin and slept til 8. I spent Saturday moving slowly and thinking about nonstressful things. Took another pill about 8 Sat night and fell asleep around 10. Woke up at 1 with my mind going 100 mph so I took another pill. Slept til 4, had a few nagging thoughts, but drifted back til 8. Hubby has been wonderful. He went to the grocery today and made chili tonight.

I did get a full 60 + minutes each day on the trainer, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday plus some core bldrs and such thrown in. I am so happy I bought this bike. No matter what bad stuff is happening, I get on it and the bad goes away, even if it's just temporary. My wardrobe is shrinking! Well, my body is shrinking and my wardrobe doesn't fit! Hope I have some money left for all those sales next week.

Now, because I have postponed the inevitable, this week will be each night shopping until I'm done. I've bought one gift. And the item was emailed to me on a link all I had to do was put in my credit card info. Oh yeah, my boss is in tomorrow thru Wednesday at lunch. It should be good. I have my year-end discussion and project plan for next year.

I miss the magic of Christmas. Without any little ones around, it's just not the same. Big sigh...

2 comments:

maggie said...

Glad you are getting some sleep, and maybe we can just trade clothes - you are shrinking, and I'm, um, the opposite ;)

Sherri said...

Oh Maggie! Neither of us smoke anymore, that's the best, most important thing!

We are successful women!