26 December, 2007

The start of a full week + of festivities

December 23rd marked 5 months since my last cigarette. I worried about the holidays and wanting to smoke, but survived it!

We invited both our Mothers to spend Christmas Eve with us. My Mother-in-law opted out as she has a standing invitation with my Sister-in-law. My Mom took us up on the offer. We always celebrate with Hubby's family on Christmas Eve. It was a very plesant evening. My Mom went with us. We ate and played games and exchanged gifts.

It was good for Mom to be with us on Christmas morning. Hubby prepared a big breakfast of bacon, eggs, hashbrowns, milk gravy and biscuits. We cleaned up our breakfast mess and then retired to the family room and opened our gifts. It was pleasant, but so different than having littles ones on Christmas morning. There used to be excitement in the air, squeals and laughter, the sounds of ripping paper and 15 minutes later it was finished. We picked up our paper mess, hubby started reading about his new toy while Mom and I began to prepare the Christmas meal.

My side of the family is small. Just my brother and sister and our children. All of her grandkids came. My brother's oldest flew in from Arizona, which made it even more special. We all got to see each other. It was so nice! My Sister broke the rules and bought gifts for everyone. We adult kids aren't supposed to do that.

The day after Christmas is hubbie's birthday. His Mom, Sis, and Bro took him to lunch. Later in the day my daughters and I took him to a very nice dinner at Jack Frye's. He got an Orange Bowl print of UofL's win back in January. The youngest made him a bday cake. This was his 50th and I probably should've done a big shindig, but I didn't.

Our anniversary is just around the corner - 30th one on the 30th and then New Year's Eve the next night. I'm beginning to think I've already hit my celebration limit. Hoping for some quiet time and more reflection. Then planning for the new year and how I can schedule work, play, fitness, and some other things into the year.

Some of that will depend on what happens with raises, bonuses, and the such. Sure would be nice if the housing market opens back up a bit. Of course that means it'll be at least another year before we'll see much benefit.

Positive thinking, nose to the grindstone and a little bit of good luck are what we need in 2008. I'm working hard on the first 2 things, we'll have to wait and see about the third.

1 comment:

Mz Diva said...

Oh my God, FIVE months? You rock girl! I wanna be just like you!
Have a great New Year! Look at everything you have accomplished in 2007! I'll bet 2008 is going to be killer!
Peace,
Diva