12 December, 2007

There are some things that are basic to good health

Here are the ones I think are at the top of the (my) list:
nutrition - eat well balanced meals - always eat breakfast (kick start your metabolism) - smart portions
sleep - be sure to get good sound sleep each night - I need 6 hours, prefer 7 hours and relish 8 hours
moderation - in all things - don't drink too much, eat too much - anything too much

Now, I have worked very hard on my nutrition. I don't count calories, but I do manage portions. I have oatmeal morning mornings. I eat a good lunch, meat and veggies. Supper I try to be sensible and keep it light. No soft drinks! They put too much crap in your body. Drink plenty of water, especially if you are exercising. This is very important.

Sleep has been elusive for me lately. Thinks it's the hormones causing it. But it started with the Chantix. I don't like taking pills, but gonna try Melatonin tonight. Wish me luck! Haven't had more than 4 hours a night in weeks.

I rode 60 minutes today after missing 2 days in a row. I hate when I miss! But I only had one meal in the previous 24 hours - that's not enough. I only had about 3 hours sleep last night - not enough! See I broke my rules - not enough sleep or fuel.

So I have my guidelines, but fall off the wagon every so often. - Moderation!

No comments: