06 December, 2008

Mother Nature has brought us winter weather

I'm not complaining. It's nice to have the air bite your skin for a change. Not thrilled about static eletricity but I can suffer a little.

One of the guys in the club, AB, has been such a mentor since I joined. He RCs the trainer tours and babysat me on the first club rides back in the spring. AB is 73 years young. A great guy! He asked me on Thursday night if I realised how far I've come riding my bike since the first of the year. Of course I do, I said. He told another person that I put him to shame recently on a ride, that he couldn't keep up with me. I think he was on his fixie, so maybe I had an edge with 23 more speeds and about 23 fewer years. :-) He told me that he put me in for most improved cyclist for the year. But he also was quick to say that he only gets one vote, so no way to know who will win it. I blushed and thanked him. I didn't know what the different awards are as I've not been to any annual banquets yet. I'm sure it will be fun. It's in January.

I've spent more and more time reflecting, reading, researching about life. My mom is very unhappy, losing her independence with driving. She has tried so hard to make us feel guilty. She's been so negative. I have to let this stuff go. I do what I can.

I've also been thinking about many of my relationships. How they are working or aren't. What do I want out of the rest of my life? New experiences for sure. I want to live, love, work hard, sweat, laugh, have fun in all things. I have desires that need fulfilling. A "bucket list" of items may be published at some point but not in it's entirety.

No comments: