25 December, 2008

Merry Christmas!

I have precious few moments alone on this holiday. Hubby has left to get Mom. My oldest and her hubby spent the night after an evening with Hubby's family. It was a twin fest, where the babies (almost a year old) were the evening's entertainment.

I will have an open door, most likely revolving today. Everyone is free to come and go as their busy schedules permit. The house cleaning was left for this morning, as was most of the cooking. So the house will be as free of animal fur as possible and full of warm oven smells most of the day.

I hope for patience and wisdom to keep silent. I'm so looking forward to the brother and sister, nieces and nephews, daughters and theirs and mother and hubby.

No more mornings of wakening to the hustle and bustle of packages being ripped open, ah's and oh's.

Time to get back to the cooking and preparing!

No comments: