29 September, 2011

Not the brightest bulb on the tree

I have been working and working to make this deadline. Nights and weekends, ugh. Coming down to the wire I took the last two days off the bike. Legs were NONE too happy about that. Today's program was recovery, but I missed the last two days of efforts! I haven't had enough mileage on any ride lately IMO. Not since the fire road ride. So I too off about 4:30 and rode to 62 and Waterline Rd and back. Getting there felt great! I rode the sidewalk on the bridge. That was a new experience, just don't look down!  I rode my superx with knobbies. The rear tire was flat but held air when I pumped it up and didn't think much about it.

I turned around and came down the hill. Couldn't pic up too much speed. Once I got back to Utica Pike I saw two deer just before the 4 way intersection. I snapped a pic, but was too slow an they disappeared into the woods.

 Once I started back my left calf cramped up. I shook it out, kept the bike in the small chain ring kept going. It was a beautiful day, mid 70s and sunny. Tail wind all the way out Cross and head wind all the way back until I crossed the bridge.  34.24 miles and I was s.l.o.w. but I needed the time to think. Lot's going on these days. 

Friends having babies while other friends pass to the other side. Family things continuing and I am blessed to be able to spend time with my family and friends. I am one lucky woman.

Off to Dayton for 2 days of racing this weekend. I read it is going to cool down. ;-)

enjoy your weekend!
peace

No comments: