08 November, 2009

Cyclocross @Promotion in Lexington

Rogue had a fantastic day in cross. The weather was unbelievable for 8 November. The afternoon saw mid 70s and not a cloud in the sky. The morning started in low 50s, but the course was dry and fast.

I was fortunate to have a fellow Rogue and good friend give me a lift to the venue. Always better to have company in the car each way, for me anyway.

My world keeps growing with new friends and acquaintances. The youth are having so much fun! Why wouldn't they, many are racing against and beating the adults on the course. I think it's the one sport that competitors want to reach 35 so they can race masters and deal with the teen/pre-teen-agers. LOL They are very strong cyclists!

I have cheered several times this fall and bragged about not losing my voice. But tonight it's starting to be very raspy and fading.

The 60 miles yesterday in the wind has my arse and legs sore and tired. After standing and walking a few hours this morning my legs were tight so I stretched out a bit through the afternoon. Now, I am very tired and it's 8:15! There's one or two things I'd like to be doing, but takes another person and don't have one.

On vacation tomorrow. I think the weather is supposed to be good so will ride with abandon, no plan.

peace

No comments: