09 November, 2009

another first

I was so tired last night after the 60 miles on Saturday (legs felt it all day Sunday) and spending a full day cheering friends at the cross race. At some point about 11:30 or so I woke up on the couch. Sitting back in a reclined sorta. I've not done that since I moved. Well, post crash doesn't count.

I was disoriented and turned off the receiver and lights and climbed into bed. No wits about myself at all. Almost like a drunken stupor. Bad thing this morning! when I finally got up after 8 am the sandalwood candle was still burning (thank goodness it's a nice big size) and the door was unlocked.

I took my time getting up, eating and such. Why get in a hurry if it's vacation, right? I got dressed and took my bike for an all afternoon jaunt. I went to Clarksville, Shawneed, Iroquois, Old Louisville, Highlands and home. I wasn't in any hurry to get anywhere, but got in a few good efforts just the same. 48 miles in 3:15. I made a couple of stops and the time out and about closer to 5 hours.

I was starving by the time I got home. So glad that I had soaked the 13 beans the other evening and cooked them in mushroom stock. All vegan dish! I'm pooped and happy. The weather is still warm enough to have the windows open, comfortably. Life is good. I rode with no real plan and loved my day

No comments: