21 September, 2007

What a week!

It started out in high 80s, went right into low/mid 90s. Been riding outdoors each day until Thursday. Did a run/walk on Tuesday and Thursday mornings from my building to the waterfront and back for 20-25 minutes.

Thursday, my quit buddy calls me about 8am to walk. Once we've hit about .4 mile she tells me how bad she felt the night before. She had pains/numbness down her left arm. Then tells me she's not feeling well now, as we are walking! I tell her we need to slow down and she says, "then we won't get the full benefit!" I'm telling her, "What difference does it make if you're dead?" Eventually, she went to the ER and everything checked out. We walked this morning, 2 miles.

Two colleagues have been in town from Warsaw, Poland. They came to dinner on Thursday evening. I drove them from downtown. Terry grilled rib-eyes and we had some good conversation on the patio over dinner. Rafal had a glass or two of Basil Hayden's. Pedro had a few beers from the tap. Terry was drinking Malibu Bay Breeze, and I behaved with 2 Amber Bocks. We left the house about 10pm and I drove them back to their hotel and still had 35 minutes to get home and wind down a bit til bed. So, Get to bed about 11:45pm and up at 5am. That's just not enough sleep for me.

My quit buddy works in a group of ~ 20 people. They took another quit-smoking friend, my buddy, and me to lunch as a celebration for being smoke free this long.

I work in a group of 2 and my boss is in Phily! So, it's not an easy thing having pot luck lunch. I am so blessed to work with such special people that care about each other they way they do.

So happy it's Friday evening. Date night! And you still have the full weekend ahead to look forward, anticipate.

I can feel the energy building as I type. There is a full moon next Wednesday. It's a friend's birthday, too. A full moon always holds something special in store. Wonder what this one will bring?

No comments: