23 September, 2007

Hello Autumn - calendar-wise 2 months tobacco free

The last cigarette I smoked was 10 pm July 23. Here's a stat I like: tomorrow night at 10 pm it'll be nine weeks.

New stats I like even better: ran/walked 8 laps at HS track this morning. That's 2 miles. Now, I'd like to start adding full lap runs to the routine. This morning was first time that I've had crud to spit up during exercise. Must be hayfever, could be goldenrod. I even wheezed at lap 6 until I started walkin. Don't like wheezin, especially when I'm exercising.

I took the afternoon to myself. Drove to my Sis's to pick up a couple of tools, then to Fleet Feet to buy some running shoes and good sports bra. Next to Dick's for a pair of bike shorts. I wound up at Uno's and grabbed a quick bite with my oldest daughter and her hubby. I do believe I've almost spent as much $ today as I've saved by not buying a carton + of cigarettes per week since I quit. Oh well, this is for good health.

I left the house about 1pm and it was 90F. As I pulled into Uno's about 3:45 my car thermometer read 98F. Unless we have considerable cooling, I won't be trying out my bike shorts today. :-)

I've had another glorious day in the sunshine and the convertible down. Tomorrow is the last of it. Then we move into a couple of days of rain and low 80s for the foreseeable future.

I might just run/walk the next couple of mornings. Then, once the temps are more tolerable, ride each evening in the neighborhood. Staying at my Sis's Tuesday evening with her boys while she goes to a dinner and then spending the night. That'll be interesting, it always is. Maybe I'll run/walk from her house to work. Hmm, should check the mileage and make sure I leave early enough. But then, what about my laptop? Oh, logistics!

Here's to looking forward to my first autumn, smoke free. No worries about catching leaves on fire! Smokey the Bear is my friend, ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm just catching up, but wow, I'm all worn out just reading how much activity you've been getting up to along with your 2 months smoke free. Very, very awesome. All of it. Congrats!

Sherri said...

Thanks Maggie. Sounds like you've had a great time with your friend this week, too. Love the pics you've posted.