17 September, 2007

10 pm tonight will mark 8 weeks since my last cigarette

I don't ever want to eat my words, therefore I'll never say never. So I'll just keep saying "I won't smoke today" every morning from now on. I haven't had any Chantix since last Wednesday.

I've been recording my daily progress for my fitness routine, but I've left out the nice walks I have each day at work. Correct that starting tomorrow! We walked twice today, about a mile each time. I started riding my neighborhood circle this weekend. One rotation on Saturday, two rotations on Sunday and 3 times this afternoon after my commute home. My sister thinks each time around is 3/4 mile, I hope she remembers correctly, but just my luck it'll be shorter.
Here are today's details:
outside 3/4 mile 3 times - have no idea what the time was - fast downhill, slow uphill ;-)

stationary 1.4 miles 5 minutes 60 calories -
Floor work
5 each leg lift and hold;
25 crunches;
35 jumpinjacks;
10 pushups (from knees legs crossed at ankles);

Bench work
15 chest pulls;
10 each lower leg lifts;
10 each lower arm pulls;

I plan on getting up and out early tomorrow, leave house by 5:25. Start my run/walk by 6:05 am, run/walk for 25-30 minutes, shower and be at my desk by 7:00 am. I admire everyone that has quit the tobacco habit. Everyone finds their own way to refocus all that energy that used to be spent on smoking. I am frustrated on one hand because I'm so outta shape, but I'm motivated on the other because I'm changing that day by day. The temps are rising back to high 80s this week, but low humidity. I'll take each day as it comes, but would like to ride if Mother Nature is going to cooperate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, so many things deserving congrats! Congrats on 8 weeks and seriously doing the exercise and being off the Chantix and remembering that it really is just one day at a time. You are awesome. Keep going.

Like the new colors, too!

Sherri said...

Maggie, you are awesome too darlin'. You've made it so much easier for me. I'm a lucky girl to find you and Stan and others that have shared their experiences and provided support and encouraging words!