28 September, 2007

I've been lax on posting this week

I've been lax on several fronts it seems. I haven't been on the bike at all and believe I may regret that later this evening. I've done laps at the HS on Sunday and Monday. Did a run/walk on Tuesday, a walk only on Wed, and took Thursday off. I plan on riding the neighborhood a couple of laps at least before dinner tonight, but have to wait for the workday to end.

I have been feeling guilty over the last couple of days about my relaxed routine this week. I definitely need to get back into PUSH mode. I feel better and have less overall anxiety when I exercise and truly push past what I originally set as a goal. Granted my goals aren't breaking any records, except my own personal records. I still have this goal of doing a full mile without walking. Maybe I can at least get 2 laps tomorrow before I need to walk. Who knows how long it will take me to get to the full 4 laps. But once I get to those 4, I intend on adding more.

It is supposed to be a beautiful weekend with highs in low 80s and cool mornings. Once I get back from laps and take an hour to relax I want to get out on my bike and leave the neighborhood. Venture out and see how brave I am and how far I'm willing to get from home ('cause you still gotta ride back).

I'll let you know how it goes before the weekend is over.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goals are good. This week my goal is to just relax and do darn little ;)

Sherri said...

I think that's what wound up happening to me this past week. It was nice, but I gotta get back! Too much idle time lends my mind to thinkin bout smokin.