07 September, 2007

Last days of summer...

make me happy and sad at the same time. It's been so warm in August and through this week I've been able to drive into work with the convertible top down on my car. Yesterday and today the temperature was 80F at 7am. I've owned a convertible close to 10 years and 2007 has to be the year I've gotten the most days with the top down. It's been therapeutic in a way, with the quit. My car is getting "aired out" and I'm able to breath fresh air and smell things I've been missing.

Sadly, I realise that the days are getting shorter. Sun up is later and sun down is earlier. I hope I can find some things that will keep my hands and mind occupied as I spend more and more time indoors. This gets me worried about boredom and wanting to smoke, or eat more, or sleep all the time. I will NOT be smoking. I'm going to try very hard to keep my meal portions consistent with my activity level. Maybe I should purchase one of those lamps that simulate sunshine. If I do sleep more, I'll just be dreaming of those summer days in 2008 when I can drive the convertible with the top down.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Convertible to air out the car - awesome! I'm actually looking really forward to fall because I love the crunch of leaves and the crisp in the air that now I can breathe into my happy lungs (not cold - don't love winter) and pulling out the sweaters I've missed all summer. You will be fine, even with more indoor time ;)

Sherri said...

The main reason I look forward to fall is football season. I love to follow my UofL Cards. I too look forward to the bright colors, they should be brilliant considering how little rainfall we received this year.

Konstantin said...

YOu already notice the days being shorter? I guess that is really affected by where you live...? Or your schedule.... I wake up, and it's always light out, and I like to keep it that way.

Sherri said...

Stan, I do notice. The longest days last until 9:30 in June. Now it's dusk by 8:15. It's still dark when I leave for work at 6:30 in the morning now, where it was daylight in July. Thank goodness I don't live any further North!