29 June, 2015

Mini vacay, part 3



Am I being lazy? or is there really something going on in this body? I want to go and do and train. Some days, like this morning, it I'm just not feeling energetic, fit, ready to do what I've planned.

It's 11:07 pm and I return to work tomorrow. I seriously wish there was someway I could ride my bike most days in the mountains. Ride being the operative word!and not push it uphill.

It was steamy (humid) this week, independent of the temperatures.

Well I got sidetracked and typed the above then a full week goes by. That happens to me when reality sets in. 

Friday I took my time at The Crashpad. I fried an egg and made oatmeal, had a cup of tea and chatted with those that were doing the same. There was a couple that have travelled to Asia and India and they shared their adventures with us. I was inspired to start thinking of another international trip. I must start saving, both money and PTO (or maybe not worry about PTO). Wrapped up, loaded up and hit the road. It was my birthday and I made way to Brevard. I went to Pisgah brewery and then went to an anniversary party thrown by one of the local bike shops. They had food catered and brews and their own mini pumptrack people rode. 

There was a road event that weekend and the campground was full again, but I stayed where I stayed Memorial weekend. It was pleasant and quiet and comfortable. 

Saturday I got up and ate and drove to Trace Ridge trailhead. A friend shared his map and thoughts about the trail. The climb was tough. The descent was fun though very tight in a few places where the rhododendrons have grow close. When I got back to the van and was changing I heard voices and saw a friend from Louisville ride up. We chatted and made plans to meet for dinner later that evening.

I wanted to be sure and get done in time to see the Blueridge battle - pumptrack challenge at I9.  I'm so glad I did. It was fun to watch and video and talk with people. I met Chris and Jessie at The Phoenix for dinner, hit the chocolatier and then headed to Oskar Blues for a beer before turning in for the night.

Sunday I got up and the body was telling me how I'd ridden much more than I have recently. I'd been ignoring a flare-up to the best of my ability and kept the lidocaine handy. I was determined and so ate a bite and rode lower Black Mountain. It was damp as was Trace Ridge. But the descent is so fast and flowy! My time descendng was slower than before but I was happy to be in the forest. Of course I had to visit The Hub and Pisgah Tavern. I was thrilled to see Meaghan and Dave while I was in town. 

I left and went to Pisgah brewery to purchase some brews for home. They carry this mango chipolte hummus that is so good, I bought 2 to bring home. Next stop was Bruisin' Ales and found a few new choices and some for friends also. 

The drive wasn't terrible, but it's definitely long after riding same day (even though my ride was short).

My mini vacay was very nice and I'm grateful I can do things like this. Sure would be good to have others to share with, but make the best of what you have. One of these days maybe I'll get to travel with others again. 

So I'm 57, June is almost over and started the 58th revolution. Still have things to do and say. Violet turned 3 months last Friday. Time goes so quickly. 

peace and love

Yay for equal marriage rights! Now if we could just ratify the Equal Rights Amendment for women in this country.

xo   

No comments: