15 June, 2015

Hell yes I'm scared

and know there's no reason to be. People ask me about traveling alone, riding alone, etc. If I had my druthers I'd be fit and fast enough to ride with other people then maybe I'd be invited along to ride places. I spent too much time cajoling and trying to get invited. That just ends up in disaster. So I won't sit home and wait. I am going to go and do. Yes, sometimes I'm in over my head. I can't think about it. It's like a lot of things in life. I can live in fear of what could happen or I can go and do and let life happen as it does. 

Never would I have thought I'd be on my own, solo, this long. But then life zigs and zags. 

I am a scaredy cat on the trails lots of times. Other times I have a confidence that surprises me. Don't get me wrong. I have no fitness, but I have moments where the legs and heart and lungs feel so good and I am one with the bike and the geometry of the dirt and I feel like I am soaring.

Lots on my mind. I'm missing the last two days of Short Track for this trip. It's my birthday weekend. No one had mentioned anything about it and I didn't expect them to, so I started planning to use the time I had saved for helping out when my granddaughter was born. 

Another trip around the sun completes very soon. Makes one think about many things. 

The last few days have been such a joy. I spent time Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday with friends and family. What fun is has been to feast after what seems life a long drought. I am grateful and humbled.

Prayers to all who have lost parents, children, pets, friends over these last days, weeks and months. 

Peace and love for everyone

No comments: