08 June, 2015

Emotonal moment here folks

My niece got married Saturday. What a beautiful ceremony and celebration it was. The officiant recognized those that were not able to be with us including my Dad and my niece's grandparents on her mother's side as well as relatives of the groom. Tears welled up in my eyes. And I thought about Mom too. They played such good music including some Nat King Cole. My Dad loved his music and had several of his albums. He also loved Big Band and some jazz.  The groom is a musician and teacher. Dad would've really liked him I think.

The bride and groom dance:  Greta and Jacob's newlywed dance

Visited Mom today at supper time. (read a comment recently about the use of the word supper, definitely not a southern person). They had dressed hamburgers, tater tots, and pork and beans with lemonade. We visited a bit and I went to fill her med planner. They were still eating when I finished that and I sat with her and chatted with her table mates. Well, only one gentleman was capable of conversation. They had chocolate pudding for dessert and I got out my iPhone and showed Mom pictures of Greta and Jacob's wedding. She kept asking his name and commenting on how tall he is. She said "Greta is going to have to look up all the time to see his face." Next I got some photos of Violet, her first great-granddaughter. She repeated and repeated her name. She asked for her full name. When I said Violet Elena, she really liked Elena. I showed her a couple of videos of Violet also. She just smiled and said how pretty and happy she is. She wants to see her and I want her to as well.

Sitting here posting videos from the wedding and a post about my visit to mom and I get emotional. Happy and sad all at the same time. Life is constant change. It's all out of our control. The best we can do is love and love and love each other.

Thinking about friends who've recently lost parents and those whose parents are close to leaving this world. Then I see all of the expectant Moms and Dads and new babies on my Facebook wall and the circle of life continues.

Love your family and friends as much as you can. You never know when they won't be.

Peace and love to all


No comments: