16 April, 2008

What fun there is to have

Yesterday was 64F at 5:00 today it was 71F. I didn't get out of the office yesterday until 6:00. Both nights I took LIberty to Lexington to Cannon's. Through Seneca and Cherokee and back again. 19 miles in an hour and a half.

I need to get in some hill repeats. I'm thinking there's a good hill in the neighborhood I can take advantage of at least for the first couple then there's and another just up the road. If weather is iffy, I'll do that. I need to build these legs. My right hip flexor is still giving me fits.

A couple of humour moments. I'm leaving Cherokee entering Seneca and hit some nice flat. I'm diggin my shorts outta my crack and this small car with 4 grown 20 somethings crammed into it, one is hangin out the window asking, "Gotta a wedgie?". LOL I stick up my right thumb and yell back, "Not anymore!"

I get back to the office and the security guard holds the door for me. Asks, "how far'd you go?" I told him, "not far enough, but 19 miles". We chatted briefly and I take my bike upstairs. Get my laptop and clothes together. I start laughing out loud. I don't have any tennis shoes, I'm not wearing the heels I wore today with my bike shorts and sweaty self. So I walk from the building to the car in my sock feet. I laugh at myself all the way to the car. I can be such a hick.

We have been blessed with sunshine for these 2 days and should have at least one more. I plan on having as much fun riding as I can cram in. I hope everyone finds a way to celebrate Spring.

No comments: