07 April, 2008

Quick note about age and being physically active

I was with a colleague one evening last week. She's from the UK and we were chatting before dinner about all kinds of things. I showed her the booboo on my knee from riding a couple of weeks ago. She commented that she didn't expect to see someone of my age with that sort of ailment.

Now I find that rather telling. I'm almost 50, does that mean I should be more distinguished and not do physical things that could involved scabs? Personally, I've decided that I'm gonna do anything that sounds like fun, involves meeting people and is healthy. Probably means it might take some toll on this body, but what the hey? Is it supposed to be in pristine shape when I'm done with it? Doesn't matter, it won't be.

I'm hoping this just keeps me living longer and healthier.

No comments: