11 February, 2009

What a week!

Saturday night was a blast and I didn't get in til 1 am. That's late for this old lady! Good music, tastey beer and great company with fellow cyclists/musicians. Sunday morning was with Mom. I called her while driving to pick her up and take her to church. That's when she said that she wasn't going to church, but would go to the store instead. That's my Mom for ya.

I rode the Heine Bros ride in shorts and short sleeves, it got to mid 60s. It was zero last week! Had a good ride, but after 50 on Sat, and being off the bike so much with my rib I just didn't have the juice to hang. Stayed with the faster boys til Jefferson, but they dropped my a$$.

I had a call on Sunday and Monday night for work. My Tuesday started at 7 am for a 3 hour call that lasted 4 hours and 15 minutes. It was tough, but one of the better calls I've ever had. We accomplished quite a bit.

My boss has been in town all week. I have a 8am meeting with him in the morning one on one. Then will be together til 1:00 except for an hour. This has been a long week and it's only Wednesday. I'm so glad that this will be a 3-day weekend for me. I will ride whether it's outside or indoors. There are 4 weeks to the first race of the season and I'm not feeling ready.

No comments: