11 May, 2008

Odd set of days

Funny how life works. Did the first of bike handling classes on Monday. The Skirts started their version of Tuesday Night Worlds the same night. A friend said that would probably be more fun, but I've decided I need to learn what I can and be a safe and courteous cyclist. Then, I can see if I can pedal with those ladies.

Tuesday was a great ride and I chased some faster people than what I've been used to riding with. I was having a total blast, redlight to redlight downtown. Got to River Rd and sometime before Zorn, got a nice cramp in my left calf. I told people to move on. Then as I slowed I tried a few things. Pedalled with my right foot while stretching my left leg. Nope that didn't help. I decided to drink and just keep pedalling. Started to get a little worried. I wanted it gone before we hit Glenview Hill. It subsided and I was able to enjoy the rest of the ride. I didn't lose too much ground from everyone. Well I caught up with about 4 of them. Those guys on fixies still amaze me.

Didn't ride Wed - Fri. Lack of sleep on Wed and Thurs didn't help. Saturday was beautiful and with hubbies hand still in a cast I did the domestics. Learned to drive the new mower (doesn't have a steering wheel, 2 arms) a zero degree something or other. (that's probably wrong, too). Big learning curve. Ran into a tree at one point. But at least the yard is presentable for a few more days. Finally, after taking Mom to buy flowers I started pacing the floor. It was about 5 and hubby said to go ride my bike. I did, for about 10 miles. Stupid Sherri had only had a bologna sandwich all day, then grabbed a banana just before taking off. It was about 73F, sunny, fantastic day to ride. Wish I'd had more fuel to do another 10.

Mother's Day has been fairly quiet. Planned on a club ride, but rain and wind prevented that. Put an hour and a half on the trainer instead. Youngest came to visit for a short while. Oldest pulled a double at Captain's Quarters restaurant on the Ohio River. Hope she made some good tips. She called and chatted between shifts.

Mother Nature is supposed to give a couple of days of sunshine now. Hubby is to get his cast off on Tuesday. We've had to cut open tshirts so he could wear something. I'm still washing his hair for him. Life will get a little easier for him come Tuesday night.

Hope everyone else is doing well out there. Enjoy the sun when you can!

No comments: