26 March, 2014

It's been interesting lately

so many people are unhappy and cranky with the weather, who got what seed in the NCAA or some other thing on their life. 

As I walked into work this morning and thought about the things I wanted to complain about I looked up and the sun was shining brightly in my face as it rose over the horizon of buildings. (run on sentence?) What a wonderful change this made to my outlook for today!

Last night close, to bedtime, I went to the van for something, tripped on the sidewalk steps and scraped both knees and ruined the pants I had on. I cried a little bit. The weekend plans fell through. But I realized it's all just fine. It's going to rain everywhere this weekend unless you live in the desert. I fall down plenty. Pants can be replaced and in actuality those needed to be replaced a few months ago. 

After work today I had planned on riding the trainer, but my knees were still tender. I did not want to stay indoors sitting in my arse so I changed clothes and went for a hike in the park. The sun was still shining brightly. Lots of friends and acquaintances were riding their mountain bikes. At first I chided myself for not riding mine. Then I stopped that crazy thinking and went back to walking, listening and soaking in nature all around me. Woodland creatures rustling in the brush. Birds singing and working in their nests. Walkers and runners smiling as they went by. Heck, even the MTBers were on their best behavior and either pulling over or slowing down as we passed each other. 

There is so much to be grateful for, why ruin it by complaining about things out of our control? To each his own. Don't get me wrong. I was on my pity pot a couple of days ago. We all are human!

I saw daffodils growing wild all over. The naked ladies are coming up as well. 

I also want to say that I know many people going through tough times right now. They have family members recently passed or gravely ill. Some are healing following surgery. Others are dealing with physical pain that prevents them from enjoying simple pleasure of life. I try to send my best vibes to them. Either healing or peaceful. 

So my little scraped knees or silly disappointments really don't mean much at all. 

Love to everyone one of my friends and family and acquaintances. 

peace for all of you


No comments: