26 February, 2014

Reflecting

on life and contemplating how it can be so turbulent and calm one into the other or all at the same time.

I have this training plan that I "follow" when the body allows. Making conscious decisions about how I react to that. Not thinking it's a resignation, rather taking what comes and working with it. The plan was written by Hunter Allen for MTBing athletes over 50. There is a lot of good stuff in there and plenty of recovery built on for the "mature" athlete. Auto immune issues interfere. That's ok. 

Doubt I will seriously "race" much this year. Going to go to a women's MTB skills camp this summer. It's at a new trail I've not ridden and that's always a plus. There's this style of racing called Enduro. I did one last year. The atmosphere is great and it's a fun test of skills. Maybe I'll do more of that. Most don't require a USAC license which is great. 

The final Snake Creek TT of 2014 is this Saturday. I'm undecided on whether I'll race. Might ride other trails in Chattanooga and if weather looks like it'll get wet head further east for Sunday. Right now DuPont is in good shape I read. 

Had a fun day this past Sunday. Got up at 3:45 am, ate loaded up in a friend's van and left at 4:30 for Chattanooga. Rode two new trails to me, ate Mexican and arrived back home at 11:30 pm. Didn't even have a beer, but had the best day. Temps rose to 70F and the sun shone brightly. This made the 10 hours of driving worth it. 

I'm pretty lucky. Staying grateful and optimistic as much as I can. Good friends and loving family keep me going. I may not be rich with money but I am very wealthy in many other ways that truly count. 

Old Man Winter and Mother Nature have teamed up this year. That's ok. We are almost to March and the crocuses will be breaking ground before you know. Then people will be complaining of allergies. haha never happy. Well I am dad-blast-it

peace


No comments: